Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett.
HarperCollins: NY, 2003
Harper paperback 2008.
- Hair cut and strategically placed socks is all that's needed.
- Girls, a vampire, an Igor, a troll, and a fanatic
- "You'll walk with Death every day, but I've seen 'im and he's been known to wink."
- "It's like the whole world spins around your socks."
- "A woman always has half an onion left over, no matter what the size of the onion, the dish, or the woman."
- Commander Vimes relies on buzzard messages.
- De Worde and Otto his photographer capture a pivotal truth.
- Someone absconded with the coffee that keeps Maladict from wanting blood.
- Undisguised girls, plus a thespian officer, disguised as washerwomen to retake the Keep
- Commander Vimes and the buzzard manipulate events.
- "You needed a lack of graphic imagination to talk about personal issues with an Igor."
- The girls free the soldiers, who in turn imprison them.
- The dead Duchess speaks through Wazzer.
- Girls/women in the Borogravian military more common than expected
- Sergeant Jackrum's long military service and surprising influence
- One concept inflated to ridiculous heights. Of course, this describes many Pratchettisms.
Recent NTugo Network Posts
©2006-2014 BookAdvice.net. Advice, banner, and coding help given by Redwall_hp. Established May 2006.