Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett.
HarperCollins Publishers: NY, 2008.
First published by Victor Gollancz Ltd: Great Britain,
- The Last Keeper of the Door at Holy Wood
- Memories escape from their tomb and beckon to the
people of Ankh-Morpork.
- Silverfish the Alchemist moves to Holy Wood to continue
experiments with octo-cellulose.
- They come in droves to make the moving pictures,
building a new temporary city.
- Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler can always be found where
there's a sale to be made.
- Victor the almost passing wizard student leaves for
Holy Wood. Ponder Stibbons passes, because he gets Victor's
- Victor becomes the clicks' Cohen the Barbarian.
- Not so subtle subliminal messages
- "As Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler knew in his heart,
wherever two or more are gathered together, someone will be
trying to sell them a suspicious sausage in a bun."
- "Funny. You could know someone for their whole life and
not realize that the gods had put them in this world to
move a thousand elephants around the place."
- The Librarian edits a film . . . with his
- Blown Away, the Ultimate Picture, burning city
and all, bound to mesmerize.
- A click theater entombed.
- "When five hundred crude two-elephant bobsleighs
crested the ridge ten feet away at sixty miles an hour,
their strapped-on occupants trumpeting in panic, they never
saw the yetis until they were right on top of
- Senior wizards sneaking out of Unseen University
pretending to have false beards, in the hope of retaining
Recent NTugo Network Posts
©2006-2016 BookAdvice.net. Advice, banner, and coding help given by Redwall_hp. Established May 2006.