Snuff by Terry Pratchett.
HarperCollins Publishers: NY, 2011.
A Discworld novel
- "Two weeks holiday with every meal overseen by his wife."
- "Indeed, if a poor man will spend a year in prison for stealing out of hunger, how high would the gallows need to be to hang the rich man who breaks the law out of greed." Vetinari
- Young Sam's natural philosophy studies
- Goblins sold into slavery
- Miss Beedle gives language lessons.
- Tears of the Mushroom and the Poo Lady change societal thinking. Unbeknownst to them. They just needed the right instrument, i.e. the Vimes duo.
- Bacon sandwich without avec
- Unggue - the religious collection of bodily secretions
- "He [Vimes] didn't wait for an answer but hurried off down the lane, clambered over a gate, caused a flock of sheep to explode in all directions, swore at a kissing gate, jumped over the ha-ha, completely ignored the he-he and totally avoided the ho-hum. He hurtled down the drive, scampered up the steps and, providentially, went through the front door at exactly the same time as a footman swung it open."
- An attempt to arrest Commander Vimes
- Shiny pottery in the goblin cave and tear wrenching harp music
- Fred Colon possessed by a crying pot in a cigar
- Wee Mad Arthur's intercontinental flight - craw step
- The Summoning Dark as a guide and witness
- "the jurisdiction of a good man extends to the end of the world." Sybil Vimes
- Leaping from barge to barge as they buck and jack-knife
- The oxboat pilot's family held hostage by crossbow
- Commander Vimes surfs the damn slam of the river Old Treachery via the Wonderful Fanny.
- Elephants on the beach
- Stinky, the first goblin watchman and clacksman
- The Vimes personal clacks machine
- A night at the opera
- A short but important visit by William de Worde
- "He [Vimes] had to get back into the swing again, although, to tell the truth, it was a case of getting out of one swing and into another one, while they were both swinging."
- Vetinari thwarted by the crossword lady
- Willikins - butler, protector of the Vimes family, and upholder of justice in his own way
Recent NTugo Network Posts
©2006-2016 BookAdvice.net. Advice, banner, and coding help given by Redwall_hp. Established May 2006.